Job ID 618257BR
The GMA Digital Video Producer will work full-time out of our New York office, producing digital-first content for social, and mobile optimized platforms. The producer will have ample prior experience in video production, producing experience, and a clear understanding of the difference between traditional media and digital-first content. Comfortable doing work behind the camera, and in the edit booth featuring others in stories and packages.
The job entails producing and editing content for web platforms and social media platforms. The Digital Video Producer will work closely with other producers, and the Head of Video for Good Morning America Digital, as well as writers, social publishers, and broadcast producers. The ideal candidate has experience sourcing, producing, and editing a digital video from beginning to end. This job requires at least five years of experience in video production.
• Primary responsibility will be conceiving, writing, editing and producing news and lifestyle videos for GMA Digital channels & platforms
• Be a leader on major tentpole coverage events.
• Execute video edits and shoots with speed and precision.
• Shoot beautiful footage in the field and studio.
• Attend + execute field shoots, edit videos, and produce digital video projects
• Work as a team, and take direction as needed to fulfill project needs
• Ability to conceive of and produce videos quickly, and be interested in analyzing the results of their work
• Able to bring new ideas and concepts to the team on a regular basis
• Stay up to date with news, social issues, entertainment, film, and pop culture moments, trends.
• Minimum three years of experience producing digital video content
• Ability to at a minimum rough cut edit on Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid or Final Cut Pro
• Must become comfortable with most video codecs and formats
• Must become comfortable working in After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
• Able to work in a fast paced environment with balance and a composed demeanor.
• Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
• Ability to work independently and under close direction per project needs
• Experienced in deadline driven environment and internet video
• Experience or desire to learn studio and field production using DSLR cameras
• Extensive knowledge of the Instagram and Instagram Stories platforms
• Strong editorial judgement, writing and grammar skills required
• Familiarity with DSLR cameras, basic lighting, and mobile filmmaking
• Four or more years producing digital video content
• Ability to edit 2-5 minute video pieces on Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid, or Final Cut Pro
• Past experience developing a digital series
• Bachelor degree in Film, Video Production, Visual Journalism, or related field or equivalent experience