The Digital Sales Specialist will work with the media sales team to grow digital revenue by accompanying the media sales team in the field to conduct customer needs analysis and present client facing solutions. The Digital Sales Specialist must understand all CMG Local Solutions digital product offerings and how to leverage them to meet the client's strategic objectives. Digital assets include all kirotv.com core products and platforms inclusive of display advertising, streaming media, and native advertising. The Digital Sales Specialist will also leverage 3 rd party ad products including but not limited to reach extension, SEM/SEO and social media. The Digital Sales Specialist must be analytical, organized, solution minded, consultative and customer centric. Digital Sales Planning, Project Management, Execution and Fulfillment: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Media Sales Team on digital advertising sales calls
- Perform customer needs analysis (CNA) in the field to uncover client's goals and strategic objectives
- From CNA create custom strategies and tactics to achieve client's goals and format into custom client facing proposals
- SEM: Perform keyword research and create reach and CPC estimates
- SEO: Perform SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
- Targeting/Retargeting: Perform reach estimates for display and pre-roll
- KIROTV.com: Appropriate use of products to fulfill client needs or compliment SEM, SEO and/or targeting/retargeting.
- Present proposal to client
- Assist National Sales Department with digital RFP's for National clients
- Digital Product expert to be a resource to Media Sales Team
- Understand and communicate the "consumer path to purchase" theory and how specific digital products relate
- Recommend specific digital services to support the different areas in the "sales funnel"
- Evaluate CMG's digital product offering against customer's needs, budget and competitors' offerings.
- Products include but not limited to Display, Streaming, Reach Extension, SEM/SEO. Native advertising and Social Media
- Communicate specific product specifications and processes to clients to ensure quality and timely execution of purchased products
- Provide a consultation to advertisers on social media best practices and participate in social media engagement
- Works with Media Sales Team, clients and ad trafficking to deliver a superior return on investment for our customers' advertising
- Once the campaign is underway, work with clients, CMG Central Ad ops, CMG Ad Studio and CMG SEM/SEO team to interpret results and optimize the campaign against key performance indicators
- Set up research studies for clients including view through studies
- Work with client's Google Analytics to help analyze campaign effectiveness
- Serve as project manager between sales, CMG's centralized trafficking, CMG Ad Studio for ad creation and CMG SEM/SEO team
- At the end of the campaign, create custom performance reports that effectively analyze how the customer goals were met or exceeded with the goal of increasing retention and upsell
- Trouble shoot invoicing/reconciliation with 3 rd Party reporting and Co-op
- Point person for AE's, sales managers, clients, and various station departments including Research, News, Sales and Promotions to provide a full suite of sales materials
- Point person between sales, promotions, production, research, programming, public affairs, and web/digital media in fulfillment of the sales process for stations initiatives like High School Sports
- Point person for the promotions department to implement all sales promotions.
- Work with the News Department and Digital web team on web, APP, WAP and other digital analytics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Advanced digital industry knowledge about digital products including display advertising, streaming, native advertising, social media, SEM/SEO and reach extension products.
- Advanced digital industry knowledge about Website analytics including compiling usage reports and interpreting results.
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Omniture
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills including identifying campaign pitfalls and providing custom solutions
- Analytical in nature with a firm grasp of numbers and attention to detail
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Can easily identify priority items and complete in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Must possess positive customer service attitude with both internal and external contacts; flexible, patient, courteous, professional and problem solver
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A) from four-year college or university in digital marketing, digital advertising and/or digital sales; and 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid driver's license with good driving record is required
COX- 18 About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company's operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country's biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes. Organization:
Cox Media GroupPrimary Location:
US-WA-Seattle-2807 3rd AveEmployee Status:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule: