Job ID 2018-48280
This position is an integral part of the sales management team. The DSM is a progressive, creative thinker who can conceptualize, execute, and close revenue producing ideas that connect our advertiser’s goals to our multimedia digital properties, including, but not limited to, the station websites, apps, social media, off-site partners, and marketing services.
This position works on the sales management team in tandem with the Local Sales Manager and National Sales Manager in business development for the overall operation; specifically championing digital sales. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
• Drive local digital revenue growth for the station and company; take revenue share out of the market, and create new digital business - be a part of every local advertiser’s budget.
• Work at a partnership/consultative level as an expert in digital advertising with Account Executives, agencies, and advertisers.
• Oversight of all digital sales products, inventory management and pricing strategies.
• Ability to forecast revenue, develop and sustain a business plan to exceed the digital sales budget.
• Management of the digital sales pipeline, including the formation of individual AE budgets.
• Create strong business relationships and develop a sense of team with the AE’s and assist with prospecting, building plans, negotiating and closing deals.
• Brainstorm creative digital promotions that leverage the digital and broadcast assets.
• Partner with News and Creative Services to support the overall growth of our digital audiences through internal strategic objectives.
• Work with the corporate digital team on corporate led sales initiatives and group sales projects.
• Promote a winning, positive culture. Be a team player with the ability to sell up and down. Have passion for the business, your job, and helping clients to be successful.
• Five (5) years or more experience in sales, promotions, or marketing required. Digital advertising experience preferred. Sales management experience a plus.
• Ability to translate and communicate problems into opportunities.
• Creative thinking essential.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, manage time wisely, and prioritize projects and people.
• Strong computer skills, proficiency in PowerPoint, screen sharing, Excel, social media, etc.
Please apply online: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.