The TEGNA Marketing Solutions team is looking for a Digital Inventory Associate is to join our team based in Dallas, TX.
The Digital Inventory Associate is a three-tiered position comprised of building and maintaining digital inventory, trafficking/scheduling campaigns, and department QA management. The Digital Inventory Associate manages inventory requests for local and national ad products within order management systems and ad servers. This person supports the Sr. Inventory Analyst on project initiatives and tasks. This position is the main point of contact for national business and will traffic campaigns and creative within tight deadlines. This role will work closely with the programmatic/national team to maximize revenue within ad serving systems and ensure campaign delivery. Lastly, this member will also manage the department’s site QA and take appropriate action on results.
• Inventory Management: Creates digital inventory products for all owned and operated systems. Reviews and approves advertising campaigns within order management systems for campaign success.
• Inventory Support: Assists the Sr. Digital Inventory Analyst on projects and tasks.
• Inventory Troubleshooting: Provide solutions on targeting issues for digital products.
• Business Unit Ownership & Communication: Owns the relationship between assigned business units. Communicates technical and sales information to stakeholders.
• Business Unit / Digital Ad Ops Workflow: Must have mastered the digital workflow that connects the business units they support and the ad servers we maintain to fulfill buys across the TEGNA ad network.
• Campaign Scheduling and Reporting: Must fully understand all aspects of the ad servers and how to appropriately schedule campaigns. Must also be able to pull detailed reports out of ad servers for business units and analyze that data.
• Creative Scheduling: Must fully recognize all aspects of the ad servers, ad specs, creative templates, and ad tags to ensure proper execution of creative elements to digital campaigns.
• Delivery Management: Must have in-depth knowledge of ad server delivery logic to troubleshoot pacing issues and provide effective solutions to manage campaign delivery in full.
• Urgent Support: Provides urgent support for a prompt turnaround for TEGNA’s national business and other assigned units. Also, participates in ad ops on-call rotation to assist markets in off-hour requests.
• QA & Testing: QA’s websites for technical issues along with testing new national ad executions and reporting findings on them. Review department’s QA and reports findings and make necessary adjustments.
• Project Management: Assist ad ops management team on special projects as assigned and provides management results of QA findings. Participates in development and training sessions.
• Troubleshooting: Advanced knowledge involved in Ad Ops troubleshooting for scheduling, trafficking, site, and delivery issues as they arise.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical related discipline.
• 3+ years of working experience in ad serving platforms or ad trafficking.
• (3 - 5 years of practical work experience in digital technology or advertising can be substituted for college education).
• Demonstrated ability to function in a technical role.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at once.
• Superior organizational skills.
• Proven attention to detail.
• Expertise in digital workflow and ad serving systems.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to clearly convey technical and complex information through written communication.
• Ability to react to change productively.
• Advanced analytical ad server reporting skills.
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to process, consolidate, and understand large datasets.
• Proficient in Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Previous experience in digital ad serving technologies.
• Ad serving and order management systems a plus