Job ID 604978BR
The View is hiring a key member of the show’s social/digital team, helping to maintain best practices that grow and engage our audience on all platforms. The coordinator position manages and creates content for The View’s Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube platforms, oversees the process of selecting social content to be featured in the show, and has the opportunity to possibly write content on abcnews.com.
• Oversee process of integrating viewer comments into the live show — including writing and posting calls-to-action to tease topics and selecting/editing/vetting social posts to appear on-air
• Log the live show to highlight notable moments and quotes for future social posts
• Assist digital team in cutting short form video and writing corresponding captions for social posts — as well as proofing other team member’s language
• Build and send a daily email to national news, political and lifestyle press outlets with notable moments from the show
• Manage the show’s YouTube channel, adding ad tags, descriptions, and building playlists
• Collaborate with ABC News digital to provide daily content from the show for placement on ABC News site — including writing breakout stories on news-making moments from The View and notes, quotes, and photos to other writers working
• Write headlines and descriptions for The View’s videos on abcnews.com and process the video-on-demand requests.
• 1-2 years of social media/digital media experience is required, including managing social media accounts for a national brand (control room experience is a plus)
• Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proven ability to make editorial judgments as well as an overall understanding of news programs.
• Comfortable working closely with high profile talent
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience