The Director of Threat Response is a critical member of the NBCUniversal Cyber Security team that defends and protects the NBCUniversal ecosystem from cyber threats. This role is accountable for the service delivery, transformation, and growth of Cyber Defense Operations across Threat Intelligence, Threat Hunting, Incident Response, DevOps and Detection Engineering, and the 24x7x365 Security Operations Center. Considered a strategic leader with focus on tactical delivery of Cyber Defense services to defend and protect the NBCUniversal ecosystem. They are expected to maintain current operations while driving maturity, growth, and transformation across the Cyber Defense Organization (CDO) and its related functions. This leader is expected to drive a proactive intelligence driven model, mentor employees, and continue shaping the growth and advancement of the organization. This individual will report directly to the Vice President of Cyber Defense Operations and provide strategic input and tactical support to maintain Cyber Defense Operations service delivery.
• Accountable for the service delivery and advancement/growth of Threat Intelligence, Threat Hunting, Incident Response, Detection Engineering, and the 24x7x365 Security Operations Center.
• Minimum 10 years working in a Cyber Defense Operations role with specialized focus in Threat Intelligence, Threat Hunting, Incident Response, or equivalent Cyber Security functions.
• Minimum 5 years managing and transforming Cyber Defense functions/organizations.
• Strategic leader with proven experience maturing and advancing Cyber Defense functions from a traditional reactive to proactive intelligence driven model.
• Provide strategic input and an active role in driving the transformation of CDO functions and alignment to the overall cyber security mission.
• Previous experience serving as an Incident Commander or handler for major incidents in large complex computing enterprises.
• Knowledge of threat actors and their tactics, techniques, and procedures in context of NBCUniversal industries and business interests.
• Experience in mentoring, training, and developing staff across technical, business, and social disciplines.
• Expected to be a thought leader capable of forging relationships across cyber security, Operations & technology, and NBCUniversal’s business lines.
• Previous experience implementing industry recognized analysis frameworks (Kill Chain, Diamond Model, MITRE @TTACK, NIST Incident Response, etc.)
• Expected to support various Cyber Security programs and represent a CDO subject matter expert and liaison.
• Previous experience supporting and/or leading a DevOps Engineering function focused on supporting Cyber Defense operations.
• Strong communication (both verbal and written) and client intimacy skills with experience briefing corporate executives and professionals.
• Experience conducting network and system log analysis to determine impact and ensure containment of cyber incidents.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field and/or equivalent work experience
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Major NBCU Locations (Orlando FL, New York NY, Englewood Cliffs NJ, Hollywood CA, Dry Creek, CO)
• Relevant certifications.
• Previous experience in the media and entertainment industry.
• Previous experience on the building, design, and stand-up of Cyber Defense functions.
• Previous experience supporting incident response of Operational Technology (OT) Networks to include Integrated Controls Systems (ICS), SCADA, and Process Control Networks (PCN).
• Master’s Degree in an IT related field.