ELLE.com is looking to hire a culture editor to increase and elevate the site’s coverage of pop culture (TV, movies, art, comedy, “the Internet”) with a particular focus on music. The culture editor will work closely with the entertainment editor and report to the site director. This position will be a mix of writing and editing--candidate should be as comfortable writing a quick take on Adele’s latest as she/he is planning, executing and editing a fall entertainment package.
• oversee culture coverage (writing and editing), ensuring a mix of subjects, range of content (from quick takes and news posts to packages to reported out features), and diversity of subjects
• increase ELLE.com’s music coverage with strategy to ensure traffic growth
• use a range of analytics tools to identify trending stories, track the progress of the stories published and evaluate their performance after the fact
• comfortable and confident backing up editorial decisions with both data and judgment
• enthusiasm for the ELLE.com brand and dedication to the site's growth
- At least 4-6 years as a senior editor in digital media
- Strong relationships with top-shelf writers
- Have a passion for digital news, online trends
- Strong visual and photo research skills
- Versed in using analytics tools Omniture, Chartbeat, Parsely, Crowdtangle etc.
- Deep understanding of social media and how best to position content specific to each platform, particularly Facebook and Facebook insights, as well as SEO
- Weekend and evening work will be required as part of the publishing cycle