At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life.
Discover your future at Pandora!SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers.
About the Role & Team
As a Copy Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of copywriters, as well as overseeing Pandora’s brand voice across multiple channels, including direct response (gaining new consumers), CRM efforts through push/email (retaining and recapturing consumers), and organic social/OOH opportunities (creating brand love and awareness). You will partner closely with our Creative Directors, Audio/Video/Design Managers, and Operations team, looking at every project as an opportunity to bring the brand to life and to deliver music and entertainment content to millions of listeners across the country. In this role, you will have direct reports and are responsible for both the creative and professional development of the team: fostering a fun, safe, and inspiring environment for creativity. You are a resourceful leader and problem solver, thrive in a fast paced environment, and are as interested in storytelling as you are in the granular details of adverbs and oxford commasYou have an amazing portfolio and a passion for helping others become successful copywriters, leading by example – solving creative problems using strategy, handling occasional chaos well, communicating effectively and remaining calm under pressure.
• Manage a team of copywriters, supporting your direct reports’ career growth by providing ongoing feedback, coaching, and development opportunities.
• Model exceptional performance as a copywriter yourself, taking on the occasional copywriting project as needed.
• Oversee the creation of innovative, well-crafted writing for audio, display, and video, balancing the big picture with executional detail.
• Review and respond to daily requests for copy assignments.
• Identify and remove roadblocks to help the team work efficiently and effectively.
• Pursue knowledge of and share best practices, trends, and consumer insights.
• Develop strong relationships across the organization to gain an understanding of business needs and facilitate cross-functional collaboration.
• Understand and articulate how the work responds to the goals of the creative brief and advances the brand and the business to senior leadership.
• Prepare team members for creative presentations and champion their work.
Required Skills & Experience
• 8+ years of experience as a copywriter in advertising, brand strategy, and/or marketing, including 2+ years managing a team.
• Solid understanding of the marketing funnel and proven ability and excitement for creating engaging and persuasive copy content for a variety of marketing channels, including brand campaigns, direct response advertising, email and social media.
• Familiar with both display and audio copy, specifically, the dynamic differences between written and spoken word.
• A collaborative nature with a knack for bringing people together.
• Must be flexible, self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Able to perform well in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines.
• Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and critical thinking skills.
• Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to respond in a thoughtful way to a broad range of creative and business leaders.
• Passionate about music, podcasts, and Pandora + SiriusXM is a huge plus!