Job ID 2018-6696
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta, as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films, and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social, and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
We are looking for a Manager to join our Rights Management team to help cultivate and scale our business, executing on a value proposition that drives client satisfaction, engagement, and revenue!
As a Manager on the Rights Management team, you’ll oversee a team that works to resolve rights issues pertaining to client content. You’re highly proficient in using YouTube’s CMS, and impeccably accurate and detail-oriented while able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize appropriately. You’re a fearless problem-solver that proactively pinpoints, reports on, and resolves issues that arise pertaining to your daily tasks, and you thrive on driving a project or issue through to completion. You’re an excellent communicator who provides a high level of service both internally and externally, and you understand the importance of having processes and procedures. You lead by example, knowing that junior team members are watching and learning from you. You’re driven, positive, and enthusiastic about joining a team where collaboration is key, and want to be part of a company at the forefront of the music and digital space!
• Supervise the activities, performance, and productivity of direct reports, conduct regular one-on-ones, and provide training and feedback
• Ensure team members are reviewing, updating, and auditing content maintained in YouTube’s CMS with a high level of detail and speed, all based on strict deadlines
• Provide an extraordinary level of support internally, and for clients, rightsholders, and partners (e.g. YouTube), to ensure that content-related issues get resolved immediately (e.g. responding to inbound email requests)
• Participate in and oversee the research and resolution of rights-related issues, such as YouTube conflicts, 3rd party claims, and user disputes
• Work across teams to continually identify ways to enhance client satisfaction and increase revenue
• Work closely with the Senior Manager of the Rights Management team, proactively escalating issues, communicating roadblocks, and providing insights on people and processes
• College degree required
• 1-3+ years of work experience in data entry, customer service, or legal field
• 1+ years of experience in a supervisory capacity
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
• Consistently punctual and able to adhere to a set schedule
• Comfort in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Well-organized and attentive to detail
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities
• Positive attitude, with ability to motivate and excite team members
• Experience working in a CMS such as YouTube or VEVO, or working in the music industry
• Passion for, knowledge of, and appreciation for music!
About The Orchard®
The Orchard is a pioneering music, film and video distribution company operating in more than 30 global markets. With a holistic approach to sales and marketing combined with industry-leading technology and operations, The Orchard amplifies reach and revenue across hundreds of digital, physical and mobile outlets around the world. The Orchard streamlines content owners' business complexity with an intuitive client dashboard, comprehensive rights management and tailored client support. Founded in 1997, The Orchard empowers businesses and creators in the entertainment industry. For further information, please visit www.theorchard.com.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.