Job ID 2018-7403
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Ideal candidate will be a results-oriented, business-minded individual with the ability to quickly develop rapport with internal and external contacts. An assertive "sales" approach to setting up calls and meetings, strong writing skills and sharp creative instincts.
• Provides admin support (phones, expenses, travel, scheduling) for VP, Publicity
• Works with VP, Publicity on coordinating logistics related to artist publicity campaigns
• Takes lead on publicity outreach for select roster of assigned artists under senior supervision
• Handles tour press for assigned roster of artists
• Write and edit press releases, bios, media alerts, press kit, quote sheets, pitch letters and other materials
• Coordinate and cover press events and appearances, as requested, for LA Events (i.e. photo shoots, release parties, television appearances, showcases, award shows, red carpets, etc.).
• Coordinate logistics of appearances, interviews, showcases, album releases parties and events as needed.
• 2 years administrative experience within the music industry (preferably within public relations)
• Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Photoshop and Outlook
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Strong interpersonal skills that enable one to positively relate to a wide variety of industry people