CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Visible links https://www.themuse.com/companies/cbsinteractive
Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi. CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBSN is a dynamic, 24/7 streaming news network. It is available live and on demand via the free CBS News app, on OTT, desktop and mobile. CBSN is always on and represents the future of news.
The CBSN News team is seeking a writer and copy editor with 3 to 5 years of experience to work closely with senior show team production in a fast-paced, high pressure environment and handle breaking news for a 24 hour digital news channel. Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple assignments for regular programming as well as rolling breaking news coverage.
- Write and customize copy for anchor and reporter voices for live segments/readers as well as writing for feature and news packages
- Copy edit scripts
- Write teases and headlines for daily show(s)
- Write banners and quotes during breaking news
- Owning and mastering the day's news & team's coverage
- Mentor APs, DAs and junior team members on writing tone, substance and style
- Work with Senior and Line Producers on standards and the editorial direction of language for the anchors, correspondents and on screen graphics
- Pitch & execute special, feature & recurring segments
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years working in broadcast journalism
- 3-5 years experience writing copy for network, cable and/or local TV news in a major market
- Solid background in journalism and TV, including strong news judgment & critical thinking skills
- Impeccable grammar and spelling
- Experience in writing daily news and feature taped packages
- A passion for news
- Strong communication skills and ability to train and advise associate producers, production assistants and junior staff in writing and editing broadcast copy.
- Superior news judgment
- Command of AP style and broadcast writing.
- Must be very detail oriented with ability to work and write calmly and efficiently in high stress, intense deadline, live TV environment
- Must pass comprehensive CBS News Digital writing test.
You might also have -
- Knowledge of ENPS preferred
- Line producing experience
- A deep understanding of political news
- Strong understanding of digital and social media
- Knowledge and a passion for the future of digital media
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.EEO STATEMENT:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled