Requisition ID 21441
As Discovery Inc’s portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-tv, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Reporting to the Dayside Operations Manager, the Citrix Team at Discovery is responsible for the design, administration and support of all Discovery Communications Citrix infrastructure and provides 24x7 on-call support.
1. Effectively support all DCI Citrix and Windows infrastructure 24x7 by maintaining the Citrix environments at appropriate patch level, responding to and resolving all trouble tickets within the SLA.
2. Ensure configuration, change and event management processes, procedures and controls are implemented and adhered to.
3. Continually review, design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
4. Monitoring end-user access and security.
5. Authoring and updating infrastructure, support and procedures documentation.
6. Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility, including flexibility in working hours to support customers across multiple time zones.
7. Maintain skillset for career growth
8. Ensuring communications are accurate and timely for multiple audiences
9. Develop and maintain strong working relationships across all IT disciplines
10. Any other responsibilities as requested.
Skillsets and Experience
• Citrix Storefront
• Citrix Provisioning Services
• Citrix Smart Tools
• Citrix XenApp
• Citrix Studio
• Windows 2008/2012/2016
• Amazon Web Services
• DNS Management
• Active Directory
• Infrastructure Monitoring
• Knowledge of Networking fundamentals
• Associates Degree in IT Administration or related coursework, or equivalent work experience
• 5+ Years Windows Systems Administration
• 3+ Years Citrix Administration
• Working knowledge of ITIL
• Ability to multi-task within related functions
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and customer service skills
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States