Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Visible links https://www.themuse.com/companies/cbsinteractive
Our team is a diverse and agile group that effectively manages and grows online advertising revenue via programmatic, real-time bidding platforms. We work collaboratively across all business functions and brands and are continually looking to enhance our reach and develop processes in line with best-in-class online revenue monetization strategies.
This is a full-time role within CBS Interactive's Revenue Operations and Ad Exchange group supporting over 30 CBSi web properties including CBS News, CBS Sports, CNET, GameSpot, TV Guide and CBS.com. This position reports to the Director of Revenue Optimization and works with teams across the organization including AdOps, Finance, Yield, Partnerships, Sales, Product, Engineering and CBSi leadership. The ideal candidate will be both highly adept at managing a complex data ecosystem and will also be able to identify and effectively communicate revenue-positive insights to stakeholders.
- Assist in updating and developing our reporting systems, processes and forecasting tools to accomplish our mission of sustainably growing programmatic and partnership revenue.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of analytical tools and methods using Excel, SQL, and Tableau (Python familiarity desirable).
- Help manage reporting requests from start to finish (gathering requirements, pulling data, compiling reporting, giving recommendations).
- Investigate site issues, explain traffic patterns, understand and articulate user behavior.
- Help communicate findings and recommendations to decision makers throughout the organization.
- Partner closely with our third-party data ingestion vendor to maintain and develop our reporting systems for US and International businesses.
- Assist in the monthly Programmatic revenue close process
- Assist in forecasting growth projections for new video, mobile, and social partnerships and ad initiatives.
- Update internal dashboard and analytics reporting
- Mine partner performance data for revenue optimization opportunities.
- Build business cases to introduce new ad product offerings or add demand partners to our sites.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- High level, proven Excel skills in prior work experience
- High level of personal initiative
- Excellent analytical thinking, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Strong detail-orientation and highly organized with a personal commitment to accuracy
- Experience with complex and dynamic reporting workflows
- Enthusiasm and experience with manipulating and transforming large data sets.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to gather requirements from non-technical users and then to effectively summarize complex data sets
- 2 years' experience in web analytics, media industry, RTB, or ad exchange industries preferred.
You might also have -
- Experience with SQL or similar; (Google Big Query / Google Cloud Platform experience desirable)
- Experience with Tableau or equivalent data visualization platform
- BA/BS in statistics, economics, business, science, or a related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled