• This position requires a person who is the ultimate multi-tasker. Must be able to handle multiple live shots, breaking news, and be able to look ahead and adjust to changes while keeping the show moving.
• The Broadcast Director will work closely cross functionally with Producers, Anchors, Reporters and Technical Crews.
• Ensure the highest quality broadcast reaches air. You will also sometimes only have seconds to diagnose a problem. The Director is the last line of defense before the product hits the air.
• Applicants must possess the ability to work well under pressure and work well with others. Strong organizational and logistical skills are a must.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends and holidays.
• Applicants must demonstrate problem solving abilities, creativity, initiative, and a desire to try and create new things.
• Must be able to make and execute last second decisions
• Simultaneously direct and technically direct newscasts as well as live programs
• College degree or equivalent related experience is required.
• 2 years of previous experience as a Director/Technical Director.
• Working knowledge of a Grass Valley Kaleidoscope Switcher, Chyron X-Clips and Bit Central Playout is desired.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully communicate and collaborate cross functionally with different departments and members of the Organization.