The box office is the first point of contact to the facility patrons, we offer services ranging from ticket sales, will call pickup and occasionally seat relocations. The fast paced work environment depends on great customer service and support for the events at our facilities.
What the job is:
• Opens and/or closes ticket window as required
• Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons, accepts payment and makes change accurately
• Maintains accurate counts when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count of computer printed tickets
• Completes daily sales reports. Keeps accurate daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold; balances sales and change bank and submits cash to Box Office Manager for audit
• Fills reservations for seats by mail, and handles Will-Call window according to procedures, or other related duties assigned by supervisor
• Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, responds promptly to customer needs, responds to request for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance
• Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating, and events. Gives information concerning upcoming events
• Files various records and reports. Performs related clerical work assigned
• Maintains confidentiality concerning upcoming events
• Maintains a professional attitude and appearance.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Box Office Manager
What a qualified candidate should possess:
• High School diploma or equivalency required
• Minimum six (6) months experience in box office or cash handling is strongly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to count money and make change accurately
• Ability to listen and follow instructions.
• Ability to input data into a computer to record sales transaction.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed.
• Demonstrated communication and cash handling skills required