Emmis Communications is a diversified media company, operating across several U.S. markets. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks; treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is part of the team.
Summary & Scope:
Board Operators for WBLS & WLIB, WQHT
Performs activities in the radio studio and control room to ensure technical quality of sound for programs origination in
the studio from syndication or from remote pickup points.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Operates control board for studio and remote programming.
2. Regulates timing of programs, operates syndicated programming and plays commercials.
3. Off-air support of commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming
4. Monitors and updates weather, traffic, and news reports into automation equipment.
5. Performs on-air announcements or shifts as assigned.
6. Assists with remote appearances.
7. Takes transmitter readings and maintains transmitter logs.
8. Other job related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in a clear and personable tone of voice on-air, and in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Operate audio console board, digital automation equipment, reel-to-reel, CD player, remote broadcasting equipment, computer and general office equipment. Has good organizational and time management skills and ability to work without direct supervision. Ability to work evening, overnight and weekends.