We are The Weather Company, and our name speaks for itself. We are a company focused entirely on the weather,and we’re proud to say we reach two-thirds of all U.S. adults through a media portfolio that includes The Weather Channel, weather.com and our mobile applications –Weather Services International, and Weather Underground.
Our goal is to provide the world’s best weather, powered by the best possible data. Of course, we can’t actually control the weather, but the information we gather from the largest collection of worldwide forecast data, our state-of-the-art forecast technologies, and the industry’s best forecast modeling allows us to accurately predict the weather for people all over the country—and the world. The Weather Channel is the most widely distributed cable network and the most trusted news network in America. On the digital side, our online properties reach 60 million unique Web consumers each month, 32 million of those via weather.com and our mobile apps. In fact, TWC is the 2nd most popular app for iPads, and the 7th most downloaded app on iPhones.
We are recognized as the world’s leading meteorological information resource for businesses across the aviation, energy, insurance and utility industries. These statistics say a lot about the quality of our reporting, research, the accuracy of our data, and the talent within our Company.
We’re always looking for new talent to keep us on top—like someone incredible to fill the job listed here.
The Billing Accountant will serve as lead for billing and invoicing customers in a multi-company environment with multiple revenue streams. This position will interface with Director of Revenue, Manager, Sr. Revenue Accountant, Customer service team, and Credit and Collections as well as interface with external customers to resolve billing issues and questions. This position is responsible for ensuring effective and timely distribution of all monthly and weekly invoices. The Billing Account will also serve as lead for Sales and Use tax filings with each state.
• Subject matter expert for billing processes and related data sources
• Enter and maintain all customer contract and contact information in billing system
• Enter and maintain one time and recurring customer invoices based on contract
• Distribute customer invoices on a weekly basis
• Prepare month-end revenue accruals for unbilled revenue
• Responsible for performing monthly internal billing audits to provide assurance that future billing schedules are accurate
• Maintain credit card information in billing system for recurring payments
• Responsible for all Sales and Use tax filings both monthly and quarterly
• Responsible for the accuracy of the Sales Tax tables by state
• Assist Credit and Collections as needed with questions on customer invoices
• Process all credits due to customer cancellations and contract changes
• Respond to all customer inquiries regarding billing questions and changes
• Assist Manager with special projects
• Assist with interim and annual audits
• Assist with general Accounting administrative duties
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
• Bachelors degree in Accounting.
• 1-3 years of industry experience and media or digital experience preferred..
• Prior ERP systems experience preferred, PeopleSoft experience a plus