What part will you play?
The Associate Producer for New Day works closely with show producers on several fronts.
What will you be doing?
• AP's track, edit and distribute elements for the program
• They provide producers with support gathering material for segments, cut video elements and sound bites, help create graphics for segments
• They are trained to write and edit short news pieces
• AP's are responsible for coordinating live remotes and guests during the broadcast in the control room and are also the main playback operators in the control room for elements rolling live into the program
• The AP must work closely with rights and clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly
• AP's are also called on to code and create banners, and all of this work is done under extremely tight deadlines for five hours of morning news programming
• The AP's work closely in the control room with writers, line producers and senior producers on choosing or producing sound bites, tease videos and VOs for live reads
What do we need from you?
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of three years of experience in network television or major-market news production
• Newsroom & live control room experience preferred
• Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful
• Graphics production experience including experience with the "Viz Pilot" graphics device helpful
• Non-linear video editing experience also important
• Must demonstrate strong research skills
• Experience in live control room is a plus
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news
• Must be computer literate, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required