The Camera Operator is responsible for operating television cameras to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Composes and frames shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors.
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director.
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts.
• Sets up and performs shots for broadcasts.
• Sets up cameras and related equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
Fluency in English.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Camera operator must be able to stand, sit, reach and climb. In addition, the camera operator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operated equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.