Coordinate Daily News Coverage while maintaining assignment desk functions Job Description: The assignment desk is the center of it all, breaking stories, assigning crews and coordinating with producers. We’re looking for someone who gets a rush from juggling it all. FOX5 is not your boring TV station. We are an aggressive and fast-paced newsroom determined to tell interesting stories and break news. If you’ve never heard of an assignment editor, don’t apply. If multi-tasking isn’t your strong suit then this job is not for you. If you’re up for the challenge of telling a great story and delivering breaking news then apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Superior written and oral communication skills Responsible for listening to scanners
• Responsible for coordinating multiple field crews
• Answers phones and email to determine what makes a great story
• Coordinates live shots and content sharing with affiliates, CNN, FOX, and other partners
• Posts stories to station website and social media sites.
Education and Experience:
•Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or communications background
•Preferred 2 years experience in a top 50 market newsroom Knowledge of the San Diego area a plus