The Newsource Assignment Editor/Producer, Digital is responsible for ensuring CNN Wire and CNN VAN affiliates get the best, most comprehensive and compelling digital content in a timely manner.
• The AE/P, Digital gathers digital regional news stories from CNN affiliates, curates and creates images to accompany CNN and affiliate articles and contributes to newsgathering, ensuring multi-platform content is gathered from our digital clients.
• The AE/P, Digital showcases strong editorial awareness and news judgement in managing content in the VAN and producing the affiliate/regional sections of the CNN.com U.S. page to increase traffic and optimize ad revenue potential for both CNN and its affiliate partners.
• This role comprehends digital analytics and uses them to inform content development and placement.
• Additionally, this role identifies trending topics and contributes to the creation of original video produced specifically for a digital affiliate audience.
• Social media management and customer service are critical components, as well.
• At least 1 year news experience as a web producer, assignment editor or similar role, strong news judgement
• Familiarity with content management systems and analytics tools.
• Experience in local news is helpful.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills are essential, as well as attention to detail and flexibility.
• A college bachelor's degree is also required.
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands