At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers.
Pandora is looking for an Analyst to join the Marketing Analytics team in either Oakland, CA, Atlanta, GA, Boulder, CO or Washington, DC. The Analyst will be responsible for distilling internal data into key metrics and insights related to Pandora’s on- and off-platform marketing efforts. The ideal candidate will blend strong data visualization and pipelining skills with a keen business analytics sense.
• Assist the Marketing Analytics group’s analysis efforts around customer targeting, acquisition, and retention; campaign, audience and subscription forecasting, and KPI tracking as Marketing Analytics works in conjunction with broader Finance, Product, Engineering, Data Science and Sales teams.
• Support marketing efforts by collecting, cleaning, and maintaining data tables and data pipelines.
• Visualize, communicate and present key metrics to various stakeholders across the company.
• Provide key business insights based on ad-supported listener and subscriber trends, with a focus on campaign/segmentation/cohort analysis.
• Work closely with Finance, Product, Engineering and Data Science teams to ensure data hygiene and data tracking requirements are in place as new products, features and campaigns are launched.
• Develop automated and ad hoc reports, dashboards, and models to help guide business decisions.
• Support ad-supported and subscription business forecasting across current and prospective marketing and product activities.
• 2+ years work experience in a quantitative job OR 2+ years of post-secondary education primary focused on quantitative or computer science coursework OR a combination of both that adds up to 2+ years
• Proficient in SQL, ideally with Hive, Presto and or BigQuery syntaxes
Power user of at least one of the following:
• Google Sheets
• Google Slides
• Excellent time management and attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
At least two of these four qualifications:
• Experience with creating and maintaining production dashboards in Tableau or Zeppelin
• Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
• Quantitative forecasting experience
• Qualitative forecasting experience
• Familiarity with large-scale internet-based content-delivery services
• Quantitative marketing analytics experience
• Understanding of basic A/B testing concepts
• Experience with Airflow
• Experience with Linux shell, including Cron
• Experience with Python or R
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform
• Experience with Apache Spark
• Familiarity with machine learning concepts and applications
• Understanding of lifetime customer value models