Requisition Number: 199872
All-Media Journalist I
Cox Media Group Ohio has one of the most advanced, multi-platform newsrooms in the country (TV, Radio, Newspapers and Digital) is seeking an All-Media Journalist. We’re looking for a reporter who can write breaking news, enterprise and watchdog stories for print and digital; shoot and edit and front WHIO-TV packages on air for our Dayton-Springfield TV audience; contribute on-air voicing for radio; and own branded social media accounts – including Facebook and Twitter – that will be expected to build our audience and increase our digital revenues. You will work in a digital-first newsroom to provide digital videos and digital stories. This reporter will join our multi-platform team of journalists and cover Miami County and other local communities.
We are one of the leading newsrooms in the country that produces local news and information on all platforms, and we’re looking for flexible, energetic, creative and digitally oriented people to join us. Our converged Ohio newsrooms include three daily newspapers, the top local TV news station in the country, an award-winning cross-platform Breaking News Desk and a radio station that reports around the clock.
The ideal candidate is a reporter and writer with a passion for telling great stories, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
• Have excellent reporting and writing skills, and the ability to write and edit quickly for digital
• Use research to tailor stories to fit the audience for print, TV, radio and digital
• Have a knack for telling stories in a relatable and compelling way
• Have a demonstrated social media presence to engage audience and drive people to your stories
• Comfortable with shooting and producing photos and video for digital and TV, as well as appearing on air for TV regularly, including live shots
• Be familiar and comfortable with standards for avoiding libel and slander, and have a good grasp of Ohio’s public records laws
• Ability to work in high-energy, fast-paced environment and be committed to learning throughout their careers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
• One year or more of related experience
• A portfolio of work that shows good work in reporting, writing and some of ability to shoot video and photos and use social media to get and transmit information
• Genuine interest in story-telling of all kinds
• Work is expected to be accurate and complete and according to set deadlines