Talent will execute on-air station content, station-related Social Media, commercial/promotional production, and marketing/promotional events as directed by the Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned.
• Make sure the overall sound of the show is entertaining, fun and informative.
• Execute regular postings on all station and talent Social Media platforms.
• Make sure all on-air and Social promotions/contests are executed properly.
• Conduct show prep on a daily basis.
• Handle the execution of live broadcasts, communicate with board op each break.
• Attend all relevant station meetings.
• Participate/host all relevant station marketing and promotional events.
• Protect the FCC license.
• Conduct EAS tests per FCC requirement
• Participate in all Content/Marketing/Promotions brainstorming meetings
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Performs all other tasks perceived, assigned, and/or required that contribute to the smooth running of the department and to the achievement of departmental and station goals.
• Periodic on-air coaching sessions with the Program Director.
• All CMG Houston employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive and to perform other such duties as may be required for the efficient operations of the stations.
• Have a team-first attitude.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school graduate, college preferred. On-air major or medium market announcer experience including production experience. Preferred formats include Country, CHR, and Hot AC. Good working knowledge of audio equipment necessary for on-air and production execution. Extensive Social Media aptitude across all platforms.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as program logs, music logs, production orders and employee handbook. Ability to write routine correspondence. Proper diction and command of the English language. Must be able to articulate and enunciate effectively.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to compute percentages and to draw and interpret conclusions regarding listener information.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out required job functions.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and operate technical production and on-air equipment. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.