This position manages day to day responsibilities of assigned accounts and team members. Influence & drive sales by providing customer support and by aligning the company’s multimedia solutions with our customers’ marketing objectives.
• Daily interaction with existing agency and direct client business; this responsibility includes management and stewardship of client schedules on television and online, regular tracking of client audience delivery using Nielsen / Rentrak ratings, merchandising the station and generally providing a high level of customer service.
• Develops pre-sale material including initial avail, package, sports, specials, and digital recommendations.
• Demonstrates proof of performance for customer campaigns. This includes production, providing clients with broadcast posts and digital recaps – (broadcasts posts are completed by Sales Assistant reviewed for accuracy by Account Manager)
• Assists designated Account Executives with maintenance of contracts, make-goods, and overall customer service.
• Works with Sales Assistants to prepare and sell through make-goods. Resolves scheduling issues and program changes.
• Works with all departments in the station to fulfill sponsorships and promotions.
• Works with Traffic Department as necessary to facilitate accurate scheduling of customers’ traffic.
• Able to make decisions and solve problems independently on behalf of designated Account Executives.
• Understands station’s products, processes and services in order to articulate to clients, when appropriate.
• Partners with designated Account Executives to develop new/incremental revenue through consistent and creative prospecting.
• Facilitates execution of digital campaigns sold by designated Account Executives. This includes ensuring all digital campaigns are executed on-time, accurately booked and trafficked, and regularly monitored to ensure successful delivery.
• Responsible for identifying trends and opportunities to improve product conversion and overall campaign performance.
• Collaborates with Digital Sales Manager on a weekly basis to maintain effective pricing model across all digital platforms (excluding G/O).
• Works closely with Gannett Imaging and Ad Design Center (GIADC) to coordinate creative implementation of digital campaigns.
• Responsible for regularly monitoring the pacing of all web campaigns through applicable dashboards, including making optimizations as needed to ensure proper and timely delivery.
• Communicates digital recaps to Account Executives and/or customers by compiling, analyzing & reconciling web analytics at the end of each campaign or at the end of each month.
• Serves as point of contact with Central Ad Ops for campaign changes and maintenance.
• Minimum 2 years of account service in a professional, fast paced environment.
• College Degree preferred.
• Ability to work effectively and independently as part of a team.
• Ability to effectively communicate directly with clients.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects under deadline pressure.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and extremely computer literate.
• Ability to effectively solve problems.
• Must be detail oriented and able to hit deadlines.
• Creative and able to adapt quickly to change.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management.
• Valid driver’s license with an excellent driving history, as well as reliable transportation and proof of insurance.