The San Antonio Express-News, part of Hearst Communications, is excited to announce our continued growth in the San Antonio market and we are seeking outside sales representatives just like you! Our industry is changing into a digital world, and we are looking for experienced professionals who are eager to facilitate our innovative efforts.
As the voice of South Texas since 1865 providing news and information to over 1 million people, the San Antonio Express-News is able to offer our advertisers a robust suite of digital and print products to help them achieve their business objectives. We are seeking digital savvy, highly motivated sales professionals to sell our marketing solutions to local businesses. Our ideal candidate will be goal oriented, is a relentless hunter, driving to win new businesses, and has a track record of exceeding monthly goals.
Account Executives maximize advertising sales potential, through the development of quality business relationships and promotion of new/existing advertising products. This position requires a heavy amount of prospecting and lead-development with local businesses. We pride ourselves on simplifying the marketing process for our customers, while helping advertisers track the impact of their campaigns and understand their advertising options. In short, we help our customers grow their business.
· Generating new leads by making cold calls and maintaining an awareness of new businesses opening in the area
· Understanding the clients’ advertising needs, and develop the ideal marketing solution for them
· Delivering customized sales presentations in person, or by phone/web-demos
· Be a driving force in the success of the company’s goals by achieving your individual monthly sales quota
· Be the face of the San Antonio express-News and ensure a superior customer experience
The Ideal Candidate:
· You’re self-motivated and results oriented
· You have an outgoing, resilient personality
· You enjoy the thrill of the hunt by bringing in new business
· You’re confident and not willing to accept average
Required Skills & Experience:
· 2+ years of sales experience with a proven record of successfully exceeding goals
· Passion to educate clients in their marketing options and close deals
· Exceptional communication and presentation skills
· Strong computer skills, Salesforce.com a plus
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
What’s in it for you?
· Paid training
· Base Salary & Commissions
· Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
· Flex spending accounts
· Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
· 401K with company match
· Paid time off & more!
Hearst is an EEO employer and performs pre-employment background checks and drug screens.