POSITION SUMMARY (Scope & Purpose)
WQAD 8 has an opening for an Account Executive. Responsibilities include proposing media advertising strategies over several media platforms to local businesses and advertising agencies. Previous sales experience and a college degree preferred. Working knowledge of digital, mobile, social media a plus. Must have the ability to utilize PowerPoint, Word and Excel proficiently.
• A proven track record of creativity
• The ability to complete an effective customer needs analysis
• Develop new business for continued revenue growth, working with direct clients and advertising agencies.
• Embrace new technology. Applicant needs to be experienced in the use of new technology and possess the ability to learn how new technologies can be used to develop sales opportunities that will benefit our customers and new revenue growth for our business.
• Conduct sales calls within an established zone in our designated market area.
• Experienced in building relationships and able to use available resources to generate revenue.
• Forecast pending business.
• Achieve monthly revenue budget.
• Achieve monthly new business quota. Conduct presentations utilizing our marketing department and use available research materials to secure new customer and develop revenue.
• Maximize use of selling day by using available resources to handle administrative duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
•Verbal and written skills used in meetings, conversation and presentations.
•Ability to drive vehicle.
•Dexterity to operate keys on computers and telephones.
•Ability to lift tapes, sales packages and other object up to 20 pounds and over when needed.
•Exposed to all kinds of weather conditions in connection with making sales calls on clients.
•Must be willing to travel.