The primary focus of this position is to sell LA Galaxy group tickets to organizations within the Southern California area. In addition, will also sell LA Galaxy season tickets, mini plans, and other packages. Account Executives are provided with some leads, but are also responsible for seeking new business through web research, networking mixers, client referrals, and cold-calling, etc.
• Sell LA Galaxy group tickets to organizations with the Southern California area. In addition, participate in selling LA Galaxy full season seats/packages, partial plans, luxury seating, kicks for kids, and other special events. Maintain a minimum daily average of 40 outbound calls - volume maybe increased or decreased based upon the time of year and needs of the organization. Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals and activity requirements.
• Generate new group sales by targeting and developing relationships with Non-Profits, Schools, Churches and other organizations within Southern California.
• Responsible for servicing, renewing, up-selling, and cross-selling current group accounts. Build theme night and group sales business plans. Service all clients in accordance with ticket sales department service guidelines.
• Full participation in extensive inbound/outbound call campaigns including meeting large new outbound call requirements.
• Generate maximum revenue using all sales methods including face-to-face appointments, stadium tours, territory prospecting, and networking.
• Perform "game day" responsibilities, including entertaining clients and prospects, working ticket sales booths, and fulfillment of large group event partnerships.
• Attend team, community, and other events for purpose of maximizing sales opportunities. Coordinate with other departments to organize events that generate group ticket sales. Assist with creative development for production of sales materials including flyers, brochures, and other support material.
• Keep records and provide reporting of sales functions to supervisor(s).
• A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
• A minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience
• High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet use, and other basic computer usage.
• Highly motivated, naturally assertive, with a positive attitude.
• Familiarity with basic tenets of sales and customer service (sports industry-specific a plus)
• Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism, pride and work ethic.
• Outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Committed to personal integrity and team oriented.
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task effectively and work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Creative with ability to see ideas through to successful execution.
• Enthusiasm for and/or experience in professional sports sales and/or service.
• Understand importance of compliance with organizational policies.
• Flexible hours required: working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
• Maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance while at work. Business attire in office and during events. Employees may be required to wear Galaxy attire (to be provided) when representing the Galaxy in public.
• Sales experience preferred, sports sales experience a plus.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
• Experience and training in Outbox, Microsoft CRM, or other Customer Relations Management system.