At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Our Engineers get to solve cool problems for more than 100 million users, using Big Data. We have an opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic software engineering intern to participate on our team as a Software Engineer and develop high-quality software for the Pandora music service as we bring it to our large and growing community of listeners. You may contribute in one or more areas of development, ranging from web UI, iOS Android mobile, music recommendation systems, backend scaling, and user analytics. You will be challenged to become a significant contributor on a hard-working team, and to take pride in your work. We have high expectations, and are looking for very knowledgeable and capable interns with solid software development skills. This is a position is designed to provide you with an opportunity to learn and gain experience crafting solutions to “real world” challenges.
Our Intern program has 2 sessions. Please let us know which session you would like to participate in.
June 3rd through August 9th
June 17th through August 23rd
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, expected to be completed in 2019 or 2020.
• Be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills.
• Must be capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
• Experience developing object-oriented code in a server side language - Java (primarily), Python or NodeJS.
Bonus Points if:
• Previous experience in software development - work projects, internships, summer jobs, etc.