Manager, Business Affairs will be primarily responsible for negotiating development and series related agreements on behalf of the NBC Network and Universal Television in connection with alternative, scripted and special programming, including, but not limited to, negotiations related to the following: third-party development agreements; series license agreements, MOWs and specials; international co-production agreements; writer/producer, performer and other talent deals; co-productions; product integrations; music and digital media. This individual will report to the VP, NBC Entertainment Business Affairs.
• Handle the day-to-day business affairs issues for current programming on air on NBC.
• Interface and coordinate with the following departments: creative, production, ad sales, legal, promotions, public relations, finance, music, distribution, marketing, network operations, affiliate relations, NBC.com and digital media.
• Negotiate alternative and script development, series/specials licensing, production, writer/producer, performer and other talent deals in connection with the development and series production of alternative, scripted and special programming for the NBC Network and Universal Television, including third-party transactions.
• Review budgets and other financial data associated with the development and production of such programming.
• Draft short-form deal memos, review agreements for accuracy of terms negotiated and coordinate the processing of invoices based on required contractual obligations of payment authorizations.
• Minimum of three to five years of experience in transaction or entertainment matters
• Juris Doctorate (JD)
• Bar Admission
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Prior experience negotiating development and series related agreements (i.e., license agreements, co-production and talent agreements) for alternative and/or scripted programming.
• Strong and effective negotiating skills and excellent drafting skills
• Detailed oriented and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
• Demonstrated experience and willingness to perform at a high level as a team player
• Working knowledge of the SAG/AFTRA, WGA and DGA basic agreements.
• Network experience a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced in-house environment
• Good overall business judgment and self-confidence.
• Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize work
• Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-through
• Demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable
• Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate