The E.W. Scripps Company is seeking a Digital Sales Strategist to join a growing and dynamic digital revenue team in Cincinnati, OH. The Digital Sales Strategist should be a proven enthusiastic media professional with excellent business, creative, organizational and communication skills. The digital sales strategist will be a thought leader in digital marketing trends and digital consumer trends with the ability to put together the most effective campaigns for our clients. The Digital Sales Strategist is responsible for building and optimizing innovative and strategic media campaigns for our largest advertisers across all Scripps twenty six plus digital properties using Scripps digital products (and other opportunities) for our top tier clients. As a member of the revenue team, the digital sales strategist will partner and collaborate with revenue colleagues in sales, operations, product and creative operations. The strategist will play a key role in developing innovative campaigns and custom solutions using Scripps digital products for our major advertisers. The role will focus on both the campaign strategy and the creative strategy for these top tier clients
• Work with account executives and digital sales managers on qualified accounts from a pre-sale perspective on the proposal and product portfolio solutions for clients, also work post-sale to ensure campaign is successful
• Work directly and collaboratively with digital creative operations, account executives and customers to develop the digital creative strategy to inform the campaign and client proposals.
• Translate business needs into creative briefs and proposals utilizing Scripps portfolio of digital solutions and ensure proposal adheres to budget.
• Ensure creative operations team has all the assets and approvals to meet the creative brief and develop proposals to meet client needs.
• If appropriate, attend client presentations (virtually and/or in person) to present innovative solutions utilizing Scripps digital products as needed with local sales teams
• Work closely with centralized revenue products team and account management team on campaign optimization and new opportunities for top tier clients
• Perform quality assurance on creative content to ensure alignment with proposals
• Attend sales training and planning meetings, as well as be proactive and opportunistic in identifying and leading training opportunities for Sales, Revenue Operations and Creative Operations.
• Adhere to company policy and assigned standards of performance
• Additional duties as assigned
Education & Experience/Certifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or equivalent years of experience in related field
• Must have 3-5 years' experience in digital media advertising
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Significant knowledge of digital advertising products including display, SEO, SEM, mobile, video pre-roll, RTB, email marketing, as well as identify other non-Scripps products to aid in conceptual and strategic ideas
• Ability to listen to the clients' needs and translate client and business goals into innovative campaign strategies utilizing Scripps digital products
• Conceptual thinking, that is grounded in client needs, trends and innovations in the digital landscape.
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to present ideas and respond to questions with customers, clients, managers and colleagues
• Strong customer service and excellent organizational skills
• Highly collaborative and ability to work with multi-functional teams (sales, marketing, product, creative teams)
• Demonstrated ability in developing successful digital creative advertising campaigns.
• Strong customer service and excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales information and creative layouts, to inform strategic idea generation
• Ability to take direction and generate reports, business correspondence, and presentations
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Knowledge of digital advertising trends and its application to digital strategy on a client-specific basis
• Experience with and ability to learn new software programs such as order management systems
• Digital agency experience is preferred
• Experience with graphic design packages (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Knowledge of print and broadcast advertising is a plus
• Ideal candidate will have digital media planning, digital strategy and client service experience
Scripps is a leading media enterprise driven to develop and expand its digital strategies including social gaming, while embracing its rich history in delivering quality journalism and creating valuable marketing environments. It serves communities through television stations, newspapers and Scripps Howard News Service, and enriches the lives and vocabularies of students through the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Creative, talented and energetic employees are leading the way at 19 television stations in major cities such as Denver, San Diego, Detroit, Phoenix, Cleveland, Cincinnati and Tampa. They are serving communities with impactful story-telling, investigations and interactive outreach through newspapers in 13 markets. The Scripps digital group is growing and gaining momentum with new product offerings, enhancements, and technology that give customers more options than ever before to find the information and entertainment they crave.