Register Media, a Gannett Company, is seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to support advertising sales executives. As a Sales Account Coordinator you will provide day-to-day operational support to the sales team while exhibiting excellent client relations skills and showing a thorough understanding of Register Media’s sales process.Responsibilities
- Accurately set up new customer accounts and contracts as well as maintain customer records to include insertion orders, billing and history. Work together with finance department on account reconciliation needs
- Utilize salesforce.com to manage day-to-day activities and keep sales team informed of all client updates
- Provide assistance to sales executives in creation of presentations and research of account and/or marketing data
- Facilitate the completion of RFP’s and rate requests across print and digital platforms while primarily collaborating with sales executive and internal operations team
- Create and manage reports to support sales team
- Prepare rate requests and ensure billing is correct for all projects. Serve as primary contact to internal departments specific to campaign management
- Work together with account coordinator team to ensure needs of entire sales executive group is being met
- Work with Account Executives and other departments to provide research and value stories that help close business and drive results for customers
- Work in conjunction with Account Executive to build unique and innovative solutions for customers. Offer ideas to enhance or streamline our internal processes
- Proof and provide design recommendations for display and online advertising
- One to three years experience in servicing accounts or customer services in an office environment. Prior experience in a sales setting preferred.
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while having an all-encompassing understanding of the media sales process
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Passion for sales with a driven and ambitious mindset
- Effectively communication and understanding of design and creative needs via electronic communication
Register Media is Iowa’s prominent media company, reaching readers across the state with our daily Des Moines Register editions, our award-winning DesMoinesRegister.com website and various non-daily publications. We are part of the Gannett Co. an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan.
Register Media is committed to diversity and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug screen.