NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Vice President, Business Affairs will be primarily responsible for development and series related agreements on behalf of Universal Media Studios for the NBC Network and other broadcast networks in connection with scripted programming, including, but not limited to, writer, director, producer and actor test option deals. Additional responsibilities shall also include deals related to product integrations and digital media exploitation (e.g., webisodes). This individual will report to the SVP, Broadcast Network and Studio Business Affairs.
• Negotiate all aspects of scripted programming deals with talent agents and lawyers (including profit participation).
• Interface with the following departments on a day-to-day basis: creative, production, labor, legal, publicity, finance, ad sales, music, syndication, marketing, NBC.com and digital media.
• Handle and resolve intercompany issues within NBCUniversal, including working closely with Business Affairs for Universal Television Studios.
• Review budgets and other financial data associated with the development and production of aforesaid programming.
• Draft short-form deal memos and test option agreements, as well as review long-form agreements for accuracy of terms negotiated and coordination of payment authorizations.
• Minimum of five years experience in transactional or entertainment matters.
• Juris Doctorate (JD). Bar Admission.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Prior experience negotiating development and series related agreements for broadcast and/or cable scripted programming.
• Meaningful knowledge of the television industry.
• Strong and effective negotiating skills and excellent drafting skills
• Detailed oriented and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
• Demonstrated experience and willingness to perform at a high level as a team player
• Working knowledge of the SAG, WGA and DGA basic agreements and the AFTRA Code.
• Studio/Network experience a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced in-house environment
• Good overall business judgment and self-confidence.
• Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize work
• Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-through
• Demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable
• Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate
JOB NUMBER 10907BR