The Artist, Visual Development is responsible for developing and guiding conceptual visuals and ideas for branded websites and content. This design position requires an experienced, communicative, and self-motivated designer to craft comprehensive visual solutions to meet the needs of the brands represented and the audience. Responsibilities involve visual concepting, developing, executing and implementing design solutions for online/mobile entertainment media experiences, leading the design and visual language of a properties experience online, meeting standards of Disney quality for artwork, and meeting all production deadlines.
The position requires a versatile and imaginative artist to provide creative solutions to extend and interpret a properties’ story. It requires an expertise of numerous design styles and experience with major brands and properties. Must be able to concept and sell ideas via visualization and then execute or provide guidance for the approved design.
The individual must understand the Disney brand, interactive entertainment, and possess an ability to implement and deliver consistent, high-quality product for all assigned tasks. This individual must be able to interpret product goals, as well as be able to collaborate and communicate these goals in a high-intensity workplace.
• Minimum 2 years professional art experience in related industry
• Expert drawing and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles
• Strong traditional and digital design and compositional skills
• Must be adaptable and familiar with current technology trends
• The individual should possess an strong understanding of the Disney brand
• Strong communicator with visual, verbal, pitch and writing skills.
• Strong storytelling ability
• Proven hands on skills in illustration, design, storyboards and motion
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to participate in setting global quality/detail targets for production
• Ability to participate in concept and product critiques
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment working on multiple competing priorities
• Work with product leads to create concepts and executions relevant for projects
• Must have proven hands on experience of all current creative development tools with emphasis on Illustrator and Photoshop
• Must possess strong applied skills in design, layout, typography, and creative problem solving.
• Must have the ability to deliver final solutions that meet the high creative standards of the Disney brand.
• Must have good communication skills and be able to interpret and provide creative direction.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative environment
• Must be adaptable to changing technology and restrictions, design challenges, deadlines, and project requirements
• Knowledge of AfterEffects and motion design is a plus
• Must show a refined artistic sense and have the ability to meet or surpass the standards set by Disney and for the site.
• Must have an affinity for Walt Disney Company brands and the ability to meet the company’s high creative standards.
Job Posting Industries
Digital / Interactive
This Position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive
COMPANY OVERVIEW -- Disney Interactive, the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. Disney Interactive mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms. Disney Interactive operates five global product groups:
Disney Core Games produces experiences for video game consoles like Nintendo Wii™, Nintendo 3DS™, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
Disney Interactive Media produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Babble.com and Spoonful.com.
Disney Interactive Worldsdevelops online virtual worlds and provides connected game-play experiences for children around the globe
Disney Mobile Games creates high-quality original gaming experiences for mobile devices. In addition, Disney Interactive manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank
Disney Social Games develops best-in-class social games on Facebook, Playdom.com and mobile platforms.
All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences.
Auto req ID 118567BR