KCBS2/KCAL9 TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Los Angeles, is seeking a forward-looking, experienced studio maintenance engineer to become part of the Stations’ Engineering and Operations team. This is a staff IBEW union engineering position reporting directly to Engineering and Operations Management.
Job duties include:
• Troubleshooting electronic equipment to a component (hardware/software) level
• Working with equipment makers and vendors to correct problems, including ordering parts/services
• Reviewing discrepancy reports and addressing issues with minimal supervision
This position may require overtime as job schedules warrant, and, in emergency situations, call-in on nights or weekends.
NO PHONE CALLS or EMAILS PLEASE
Candidates must have:
• A sound engineering foundation and the ability to troubleshoot and repair complex television broadcast systems
• Knowledge of modern studio electronics systems, video servers and communications equipment
• Strong project supervision and coordination skills
• Ability to effectively communicate and work with other members of the engineering staff, station employees and management, and outside vendors.
• Understanding of and experience with the following types of studio equipment and supporting systems:
o Sony video production switchers and Sony ELC automation systems
o Grass Valley video servers and editors
o Motorola commercial 2-way radio systems, MRC (Vislink) microwave radio systems
o Lectrosonics wireless microphone & IFB systems
o Non-linear edit systems (such as AVID, Apple FCP 7 and Grass Valley “Edius”)
o Evertz up/down/cross conversion, Harris routing/encoding, Telestream transcoding systems
o Analog and digital test equipment to validate/troubleshoot audio and video signals
• Knowledge of and understanding of FCC rules and regulations as they govern the broadcast industry
• Knowledge of 2-way communications service monitor, spectrum analyzer and network analyzer
• Broad IT knowledge
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
Engineering technology ASET
Additional Candidate Instructions
All qualified candidates must apply to the CBS Television Stations online Applicant Tracking System: www.cbsandyou.com (internal applicants) and www.cbscareers.com (external applicants)
**this is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions**
NO PHONE CALLS or EMAILS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
CBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of CBS to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
Auto req ID 14401BR