DC Entertainment seeks a Creative Executive for the TV Creative Affairs department.
• Organizes notes on incoming scripts, treatments and proposals. Reviews proposals, outlines and scripts from Editorial as assigned by VP, Creative Affairs & Creative Services.
• Writes, organizes and distributes notes to VP, Creative Affairs & Creative Services, Creative Affairs team and Franchise Management team on current usage and summaries of all current materials.
• Acts as liaison with WBTV and Showrunners as DC’s representative, to provide story and characters for use in future episodes.
• Writes and develops outlines, character and concept summaries based on DC Comics properties for all DCE platforms with a focus on, but not limited to, live-action television.
• Discusses and provides notes to Creative Team regarding character usage and makes recommendations for modification as appropriate.
• Reviews scripts for designated television programs and film scripts that are in production as assigned to by the VP, Creative Affairs & Creative Services.
• Ensures that Editorial projects and titles tied to film and television are reviewed by relevant DCE staff and assist in the resolution of any concerns that are raised.
• Travel to set to supervise use of DC properties.
• Performs other related duties as assigned (Office Tours, Image research for PR, etc.).
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in TV or Film field, preferably TV.
• Platform specific acumen required (Film, TV).
• Proficiency on MAC programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop required.
• Effective and proven communications skills (written & verbal) are critical. Must have the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, Studio and Creative.
• Experience with writing entertainment treatments/scripts/outlines/concept documents and providing notes on scripts required.
• Experience with character story and property long-term planning required, must be a conceptual thinker.
• Ability to creatively brainstorm characters and ideas, and create and develop written materials based on characters and concepts.
• Proven and effective collaborative and relationship building skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment required. Must prioritize workload accordingly.
• Deep Familiarity with current projects, DC characters and properties a plus.