Warner Bros. Distributing Inc. seeks a Director, Creative Advertising for the Creative Advertising department. Position works closely with EVP to establish AV & Print strategy (emphasis on Print).
• Directs the creative development and implementation of Print marketing campaigns, film identity (logos & alphabets), poster banners in theater outdoor, digital content, etc. Some AV (digital, TV spots, radio spots, etc).
• Relays the creative direction and production direction for each campaign to all relevant parties.
• Oversees revisions and works with marketing services on the finishing and trafficking of all print creative materials – both domestic and international.
• Selects and secures appropriate materials from publicity (photography, written information, clips, interview, b-roll, etc.) for materials special presentations and any other required materials exclusive or otherwise.
• Liaison between filmmakers and their production/editorial staff and vendors regarding all creative advertising materials needed to produce campaigns.
• Attends upper management meetings such as Creative lunch, Planning, Strategy, etc.
• Represents and assumes the duties and responsibilities of EVP in his/her absence.
• Works with marketing services on the finishing and trafficking of all domestic and international creative materials and tracks and monitors the execution of materials to ensure creative integrity is maintained, as well as high quality and punctuality to deadlines.
• Based on EVP’s feedback determines AV materials for testing; subsequently reviews testing.
• Manages print breakouts, publicity magazine covers, poses/art for consumer products and digital touts.
• Organizes the marketing photoshoots (work with photoshoot producer, unit publicist and talent reps).
• Deals with talent publicists for likeness approval and any changes.
• Assists with copy and brainstorming stunt ideas.
• Manages AV for academy campaigns.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• BA/BS degree preferred.
• 5+ years experience in creative advertising at either a studio or creative agency with project management skills and knowledge of creative advertising and technical processes.
• Must be proficient in all major desktop publishing applications including:
• Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat.
• Microsoft office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent command of graphic design principles, practices, formats, typography, printing and layout.
• Understanding of conversion issues present when using applications across all platforms.
• Understanding of how to troubleshoot problem files.
• Possess a clear understanding of computer networks, both new and existing server technologies.
• Some knowledge of Final Cut Pro and Keynote a plus.