National Public Media is looking for an experienced sales coordinator to join our New York, NY NPR sales office. The sales team represents NPR’s radio, podcast and digital platforms. The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced media sales or advertising agency environment, is curious about the media industry, detail-oriented, able to multi-task and has a proven ability to thrive under pressure.
• Act as primary point of coverage and support for busy, traveling sales team
• Act as primary steward of campaign management throughout full sales cycle on all orders, e.g., proposal development, inventory and creative clearance, billing procedures, client reports, etc., for both radio and digital platforms
• Assist sales team with database management, e.g., SalesForce entry and maintenance, etc.
• Assist sales team with client prospecting, research and presentations for client meetings, etc.
• Provide administrative support including coordinating conference calls and meetings
• Other special projects as assigned
• Experience in fast-paced media sales team support or in an advertising agency media department
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive under pressure
• Excellent organizational skills; must be able to act as primary support person on all orders for high-performing multi-member sales team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong research, presentation and proofreading skills
• Ability to collaborate with various departments across the company including Digital Ad Operations, Marketing, Traffic, Finance, etc.
• Ability to learn new research database interfaces, CRM tools, etc.