The Executive Producer supervises news content across all media platforms and line produces at least one hour of a live newscast.
The EP works with anchors, reporters and producers to create compelling newscasts worth watching. You must have a track record of excellence in producing and booth skills. This position oversees the creation of show rundowns, participates in story selection and oversees content, graphics use, pacing and the overall “look and feel” of the broadcast. The executive producer ensures reporters and photojournalists in the field meet newsroom standards for fairness, accuracy, ethics and presentation. They are responsible for ensuring producers, photographers and production staff consistently follow established expectations and guidelines. The EP is a key player in managing staff accountability. You will be expected to develop and implement strategic goals in concert with other newsroom and station managers.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
• Detail oriented
• Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
• Utilize state-of-the-art television technology