We're looking for a highly creative, empowered and enthusiastic bilingual producer/MMJ who knows how to be a leader. We are looking for someone who is skilled at multi-tasking, can make quick decisions and has great news judgement. Position would include producing content in Spanish for our on-air and digital content for Telemundo and have responsibilities in English for KSN. Candidate will be able to produce write and edit content in the newsroom in addition to shooting in the field. On-camera MMJ opportunities would be considered for the right candidate.
JOB SUMMARY: The producer/MMJ delivers and contributes accurate, visual, news content across all media platforms .
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web.
• Oversees writing, production, and timing of broadcast or on-line publication.
• Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business objectives.
• Shoot, write and edit content in the field, appear on camera.
• Contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
• Monitor postproduction processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
• Write, produce and edit material that appeals to target audiences.
• Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources.
• Evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas. Gather and verify accurate information about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation.
• Produce accurate, complete and compelling news copy on deadline.
• Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors.
• Present compelling, clear, creative and accurate live shots.
• Organize material, shoot and edit video and write stories based on the details and information obtained.
• Use various digital and social platforms to give updates and share news stories with the public.
• Play an active and visible role in the community.
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation.
• Strong reporting skills.
• Understand importance of social media.
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
• Fluent (writing, reading, comprehension) in Spanish and English
• Promote teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Adept at ad-lib presentations, without aid of scripts and/or teleprompters.
• Possess exceptional research skills.
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field, prefer minimum of (2) two years of experience as on-air news reporter, however strong collegiate and internship experience will be considered.
TRAINING/EQUIPMENT: Operate newsroom computer systems, editing and camera equipment.
Provide resume and digital reel when applying.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.