The Production Finance Lead is responsible for managing the budget, maintaining the financial records, preparing schedules and analyses, and reporting to both corporate and production leadership on all matters related to a DreamWorks animated feature film.
• Partner with the Production leadership to create and manage production schedules and budgets that deliver films on time and on budget
• Provide and present clear, accurate and timely production planning scenarios and analyses to both Production and Studio Management during the life cycle of a film.
• Understand and aid in solving budgeting and staffing issues.
• Collaborate with Show leadership to measure production health against quotas, milestones, complexity goals and budget and create executive summaries that headline those measurements.
• Adapt to changing scenarios, anticipate problems and recommend solutions to Show leadership, while maintaining Studio objectives.
• Clearly and concisely communicate issues and collaborate with Production Leadership to problem solve using active listening and knowledge of the animation production process
• Provide accurate, detailed and timely cost reports, cash flow and headcount forecasts, Staffing Profiles, and Vista reconciliations
• Comply with all Studio Policies and Procedures for POs, invoices, checks and time card approvals
• Collaborate with Production Finance team to establish best practices, maintain consistency across shows and provide maximum efficiency
• Direct and approve all staffing documents including Open Reqs, Transfers, Loans, Terminations, Dismissal Pay, Vacation Payout and Bill Backs in a timely manner
• Direct Assistant Production Accountant on all aspects of their job to ensure Studio compliance, accuracy and timely processing of all payments
• Mentor and train Assistant Production Accountant to ensure strong work performance
• Aid in communicating and implementing Studio-wide Production Finance initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
• Minimum of 3 years of Finance/Accounting experience
• Project/Production based accounting experience
• Proficiency with Excel
• Experience with Vista preferred
• Animation experience highly preferred