We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN Digital has an opening for an Analyst within the CNN Digital Research & Analytics team, which will report to the Manager of CNN Digital Research & Analytics. If you are passionate about digital news and information and forecasting, there's no better job than this! We're looking for an energetic, data-focused Digital Research Analyst to join our team at CNN. The Analyst will be part of a fast-paced team that provides audience and forecasting insights for the full portfolio of CNN Digital properties. This position will play a key role in analyzing consumer engagement and behavioral trends, and support audience forecasting for a growing portfolio of products across web, mobile, social and emerging businesses.
• Support key business initiatives by providing daily, weekly, and monthly insights for a better understanding of CNN Digital's audience, products, and content.
• Support audience forecasting efforts to help predict future audience traffic and consumption trends.
• Analyze performance across CNN Digital products, platforms, and business units to inform short-term and long-range projections.
• Design dashboards and presentations with effective data visualizations, leveraging CNN's suite of analytics and syndicated tools.
• Use syndicated data services such as comScore and SimilarWeb to analyze CNN Digital's competitive set and emerging digital landscape trends.
• Collaborate with product managers, editors, designers and others to solve business problems through data.
• Assist with usability studies and primary research projects, collecting user feedback and writing presentations.
• Build automation into existing reports and improve processes to make our audience and forecasting efforts more accurate and efficient.
• B.A. or B.S. in related field
• 1-2 years of experience in digital analytics or related role (internship work will be considered)
• 1-2 years of experience with analytics software; Adobe Reporting (Omniture) preferred
• Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required
• A genuine interest and knowledge of the media and digital industry landscape
• Thorough understanding of digital metrics
• Able to handle analysis of datasets from multiple sources with the ability to craft insights and storylines
• Proficiency with Adobe Reports & Analytics, Analysis Workspace, and ReportBuilder.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in compiling and analyzing data is a must.
• Solid time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects
• Thrives on working as part of an enthusiastic and energetic team, and embraces learning new skills and tools to drive thinking further
• High level of curiosity to explore the "why" behind the data, a passion for all digital experiences, and a commitment to growing and developing as a researcher