China - Shanghai
The Senior Manager, Ecommerce & Franchise Marketing sits within the Warner Bros. China Consumer Products team.
Essential job functions:
• Create and execute WBCP e-commerce strategy and action plan. Determine WBCP’s path to establishing sustainable online presence on online platforms, prioritizing T-mall and JD.com opportunities, with the goals of delivering revenue / profit (optimizing business model) as well as growing and actively managing our online brand presence.
• Develop e-commerce brand and franchise priorities including DC, WWHP, and Animation. Establish strategy on how they connect with the larger WB brand. Also develop action plan for how WBCP can take advantage of opportunistic franchise opportunities in e-commerce space.
• Develop e-commerce digital strategies and action plans. Identify and apply competitive/industry key learnings and trends and apply to growing business. Provide critical input, research and analysis on strategic initiatives and high-level business decisions.
• Establish and cultivate potential e-commerce partners, evaluation and contract negotiation, and follows through to execution.
• Work closely with Consumer Products category team and licensees for cooperation and collaboration to identify and maximize opportunities in digital environment. Ensure online platform coordinates with CP licensee footprint to optimize cross-category product range.
• Manage and monitor E commence partners’ revenue and expense across categories to ensure that financial objectives are achieved. Monitor partners’ overall performance throughout contract term, including product sales, inventory, marketing efforts and online distribution strategies.
• Examine potential to cross-promote products between online to offline to maximize sales opportunities and catch up “new retail era”.
• Work with WBCP Global Franchise team and China Category team to develop local marketing calendar in coordination with various WB China marketing functions, such as theatrical marketing, digital marketing, franchise marketing etc.
• Develop an expert understanding of franchise properties and a comprehensive knowledge of franchise sensitivities.
• Develop and execute digital marketing and social media campaigns for WBCP Franchise to acquire and engage franchise fans to WB consumer products.
• Identify new social trends and emerging platforms, comprehension of competitive landscape and digital best practices, leveraging WBCP digital marketing assets and resources where relevant.
• Work with internal & external stakeholders to coordinate, support and maximize brand exposure opportunities to build and manage WBCP brands and cross activities in both online and offline channels.
• Manage day-to-day franchise social activities; including posting calendars and schedule management, asset development and localization, reporting, social optimization, etc., ensuring strategies are on schedule.
• Responsible for market intelligence, market research and special projects as needed.
• Must have a successful track record in ecommerce management and proven ability in developing, analyzing and implementing e-business strategies and plans.
• Must have excellent negotiating skills, flexibility and knowledge of consumer products and the licensing industry.
• Experience in sales and marketing in ecommerce or a related field.
• Fluent in Chinese and English.
• Must have the ability to organize and prioritize work, prepare and present written and oral sales presentations, and communicate with clients, licensees, and management to determine needs and solve problems.
• Effective organizational / leadership skills required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, inside and outside of the company.
• Possess proven and effective sales forecasting and budgeting skills.
• Have effective and proven problem-solving skills.
• Be confident and demonstrate initiative.
• Analytical thinker and strategic planner.
• Able to multi-task and be able to travel as needed.