The Program Manager will be working directly with the Sr. Program Manager on large scale, highly visible projects. In addition to working directly with the technology project team, the Program Manager will be interacting with all aspects of the business, vendors, and executive leadership to manage projects according to timeline and budget, obtaining critical decisions when necessary.
The Program Manager has the overall responsibility for the successful planning and execution of projects for Universal Parks Technology. The Program Manager will work closely with the operations, solutions delivery, infrastructure, innovation, governance and security teams, business partners, and vendors to define, develop, and execute deployment of their assigned projects. The Program Manager will ensure that the deployment of projects to the production environment follows the approved Parks Technology project life cycle methodology and successfully meets the business goals.
The candidate will have opportunities to work on multiple projects across all business divisions (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, etc.) and may have opportunities to work on Proof of Concepts for the business. He / She will also interact with the end users to not only learn about the business needs but also build a rapport with multiple business partners.
• Manage and motivate cross functional and vendor teams to deliver project within defined scope, scheduled timeline, and approved budget.
• Collaborate with Technology teams, business partners, and vendors to plan, organize, secure, and manage resources
• Drive a culture of urgency and on-time, on-budget project delivery
• Work closely with business partners to understand requirements, prioritize scope and negotiate solutions to issues
• Drive process improvements toward the consistent delivery of final product
• Identify and manage incoming and outgoing dependencies for the team and remove impediments to delivery
• Proactively identify potential risks and create contingency plans
• Analyze, define and map business processes. Produce project artifacts and business process models as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Minimum 10+ years of work experience in IT project management, business analysis or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Knowledge of JIRA or similar requirements tracking tools
• Bachelor’s degree required from a four-year college or university is required; majors in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field preferred
• Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex projects in a matrix organizational structure
• Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate cross functional and vendor teams located in various geographic regions
• Strong competence in developing project plans (i.e. Scope, Budget, and Schedules) that can be efficiently tracked, resulting in on-time and on-budget completions
• Ability to manage a high volume of details with excellent accuracy
• Ability to effectively use MS Project, Visio, Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
• Project Management Certification Preferred
• Proven experience in project team leadership and large-scale program planning and implementation
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively, think independently and problem solve to ensure all projects are completed in an effective and timely manner
• Self-motivated, well organized and strong innovation skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines
• Excellent analytical skills
• Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment