The Global Media Operations group in Englewood Cliffs, NJ is responsible for prepping content needed for domestic and international distribution as well as broadcast operations. The individual who fills this role will not have direct report employees, however, other responsibilities will include providing operations and customer support for the portfolio of applications and products used for file-based digital workflows including video editing, transcoding, digital file delivery and live streaming.This includes transcode, edit and delivery services to meet client fulfillment around the globe 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Aside from supporting the day-to-day distribution of linear and non-linear content, this position becomes integral to the success of high profile network stunts and events, which have included the Olympics, FIFA World Cup, and the Superbowl in the past.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
This Media Support Manager position is responsible for scoping, building and launching new digital supply chain workflows, partner onboarding, as well as providing operational and technical support for the Global Media Operations team. The main objective is to assist all operations members with encoding and delivery support related issues in a 24/7 environment. Media Operations ingests, preps, QCs and delivers content internationally and relies on Media Support Manager’s to solve or escalate issues electronically, on the phone and in-person. Other responsibilities include providing operations and customer support for the portfolio of applications and products used for file-based digital workflows including video editing, transcoding, digital file delivery, and live streaming.
This is a role that combines broadcast engineering, information technology, and digital media. An ideal candidate will have a background in Film/TV, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Digital New Media. This person will like to operate in a fast paced environment, enjoy interacting with customers, and be willing to tackle unique challenges head-on.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in digital supply chain, broadcast operations or a post-production environment
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in a support or customer facing position
• Experience working with post-production software such Avid Media Composer, Adobe Suite, Final Cut Pro
• Must have experience with digital media file types and encoding workflows - QT, MXF, MPG, Mp4 etc.
• Experience with encoders such as Vantage, Adobe Media Encoder, Cloud Services
• Knowledge of desktop hardware, software applications, MAC/PC OS and network connectivity
• Must have prior experience with and be proficient inMicrosoft Office applications (including Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a CV/resume through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Must be willing and able to work on any shift including, overnights, swing, or weekend
• Very strong desire to learn, take on new technologies and challenges
• Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and escalation skills
• Experience with MAMs for Archiving/Purging/Restoring (DIVA Director and Avid Interplay) a plus
• Experience with live records, routing and transcodes (Grass Valley iControl, KVMs, DVS Venice, Florical, Avid Airspeed/Interplay Capture)
• Experience with digital delivery methods, such as AWS, Aspera P2P/Faspex, Signiant, FTP, UDCP, etc.
• Experience with QC Software such as Tektronix, Phabrix Scope, GrayMeta Iris, Switch, VLC, etc.
• Experience with MacCaption for Closed Caption creation, editing and converting
• Experience supporting customer workflows through operations team and/or help desk
• Ability to take on additional projects that require alignment across different internal teams for successful implementation and roll-out
• Strong ability to multi-task and make effective decisions in a high-pressure deadline driven environment
• Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple departments, clients, and vendors