WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Game Designer to be responsible for designing and driving development of player characters for a third-person open world action game.
The Game Designer will be responsible for creating clear and actionable design documentation that supports the high-level vision of the Creative Director, and Game Director. They will be the primary point of contact for the features they design and will be responsible for coordinating the work of multiple disciplines into a cohesive, fun and high-quality gaming experience.
• Takes ownership of specific features or systems such as player navigation, game metrics, and works closely with Programming and Art departments to drive development towards the vision laid out by the Game Director and Creative Director.
• Creates and maintains living design documentation that keep pace with the project's progress and accurately conveys all necessary information to Design, Art, and Programming.
• Displays sufficient knowledge of the scripting languages and design tools of the Unreal engine to create and support prototype/grey box gameplay scenarios.
• Displays communication and organizational skills sufficient to align and motivate the Programmers, Artists and other Designers working on their feature.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
• Three to Six years of game design experience required.
• Shipped multiple console/PC titles in a designer role
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Associate degree or equivalent job experience preferred
• Experience with designing gameplay systems for an open world game.
• Experience designing gameplay features for an action game.
• Experience with player character mechanics.
• Ability to translate game concepts into on-screen gameplay.
• An understanding of gameplay flow and readability.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
• Experience with Unreal Editor desired.
• Understanding of animation concepts preferred.