WB Games Boston is seeking an exceptional Technical Director with expert technical knowledge of mobile game development in the Unity3D game engine.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated generalist with the ability to design and implement AAA code across the entire spectrum of our game development code-base (client, server, tools, etc.) along with a deep understanding of run-time performance, memory management, and architectural design.
• Lead and participate in architecture review discussions for the development of new game systems.
• Develop clear, concise, and effective code with supporting documentation and comments.
• Analyze and fix common engine issues such as run-time performance, memory usage, and load times.
• Implement and improve upon low-level architecture that interfaces with service APIs.
• Help establish and enforce best practices in architecture, coding style and code reviews.
• Communicate complex technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike.
• Analyze feature designs to determine feasibility within time and cost limitations.
• Stay current on cutting-edge research and technologies, recommend new tools & techniques.
• Mentorship. Act as a role model and actively share knowledge within area of expertise.
• 8+ years of experience in software engineering, with at least 2 years in a lead architect or technical leadership role.
• In-depth knowledge of Unity3D, specifically for mobile game development.
• Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
• Expert knowledge in C#, C++, and/or Java.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience.
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs and micro-services.
• A strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming, and software design.
• Extensive knowledge in a broad range of software engineering areas with mastery in at least one area (graphics, networking, UI/UX, etc).
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Solid understanding of software engineering best practices.