Job ID 744717BR
Programming & Standards Manager, ABC OTVS Centralized Traffic Operations
This position will report to the VP of Traffic Operations and will be accountable for the general success of the ABC OTVS traffic team.
• Oversight of the Programming Team, responsible for all programming and formatting for stations on team, which are set up to maintain thorough coverage of stations in multiple time zones.
• Ensures accuracy of programming and log prep for all ABC OTVS stations.
• Provides analytics and reporting to OTVS group regarding programming, revenue, etc.
• Oversight of all LiveWell/LocalISH network responsibilities.
• Recruit, interview, and hire Programming Specialists, and provide training for OCTO team on programming and formatting functions.
• Management of direct reports including reviews, evaluate team member performance, provide coaching for improvement, identify workload issues, advise VP and execute appropriate changes.
• Work with station contacts to manage WideOrbit and standardized practices within the system.
• Educated on programming requirements for each market, to ensure log compliance, to report inventory/revenue correctly, and to keep automation and master control operations consistent with what is necessary to stay on air.
• Work directly with station and network programming teams to obtain local network programming information.
• Adhere to OCTO guidelines and work with stations on program change preemptions, reinstates, time shifts, etc.
• Work closely with other OCTO specialists on programming and reporting questions and issues; troubleshoot log issues with OCTO managers, specialists, and station contacts.
• Proactively work with above contacts to achieve better streamlining and standardization of programming and analytics.
• Training on log elements within WO for contacts at the station sites, to help them operate more efficiently and be better poised for standardized procedures.
• Working with team of programming specialists to maintain OCTO/station expectations on managing formatting/inventory information, which should facilitate overall best management of displaced spots.
• Work with OCTO management on areas of inventory concern, and keep management informed of status of programming information that might impact inventory.
• Regularly float and participate in stations’ inventory meetings.
• Team mentor and training
• Regularly provide training materials and/or opportunities for specialists in the group.
• Train new employees as needed, and work with OCTO management and programming specialists on facilitating training of new employees with others.
• Mentor specialists on best practices regarding quick and effective displaced management, through good formatting.
• Assist with the OCTO mission statement, to help enhance the revenue opportunities for the stations, and to help provide best practices that both maximize revenue and improve operating conditions.
• Regularly confer with other OCTO management team and stations to share ideas and confer on best practices
• Provide a superb level of customer service to the ABC OTVS stations, as well as outside clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Minimum 4 years of traffic experience.
• Experience in multiple traffic functions, especially log production, programming/formatting, and inventory management. Operational knowledge of copy and master control functions preferred.
• Familiarity with broadcast sales protocol, and analytics/reports required for optimal sales/pricing functions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, especially via phone and email.
• Able to conduct team meetings and conference calls.
• WideOrbit experience desired, but knowledge of other traffic systems considered.
• Excel, Word, and PowerPoint experience required.