Reporting to the Security Management Team, the Sr. Security Supervisor will supervise Security Officers at STAPLES Center and/or Microsoft Theater, representing the organization in an exemplary manner.
Key Job Factors:
1. Level of accountability: Generally managed
2. Level of decision making: Diversified tasks
3. Has contact with: Multiple departments (Internal)
4. Supervision: Direct supervision/management of employee(s)
5. Position Title(s) of Direct Report(s): Part Time Security Officer
6. Physical Requirements: Frequent standing or walking
7. Travel Percentage (%): None
1. Event Security
• Uphold the Security Department’s directives; most importantly, our mission to take reasonable steps to protect the safety and security of our venues’ guests, team members, and assets with respect towards everyone’s dignity and legal rights.
• Resolve escalated security situations, providing appropriate warnings and complete ejections/arrests if warranted/necessary.
• Ensure enforcement and compliance of the venue’s Event Policies at all times.
• Assist with directional and informational inquiries. Serve as an escalation point for complaints/issues.
• Appropriately document all major/minor incidents.
• Represent STAPLES Center and/or Microsoft Theater and the Security Department in an exemplary manner.
• Perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without the loss of efficiency or composure.
2. Staff Supervision
• Deploy staff for events. Assign appropriate shifts, breaks, and necessary equipment.
• Train staff in basic guest service and security skills. Actively monitor staff interactions with STAPLES Center and/or Microsoft Theater guests, clients, artists/athletes, and team members at events to ensure a safe, secure, comfortable entertainment experience for all.
• Provide leadership and guidance to staff. Serve as mentor/coach to all Security team members.
• Provide timely, appropriate feedback to staff on performance, both positive and corrective. Effectively communicate escalated team member issues to Security Management Team.
• Administer appropriate performance reviews, counseling and disciplinary documentations as needed to ensure compliance of STAPLES Center/Microsoft Theater company/department policies.
• Accept responsibility for the performance and conduct of the security team assigned to the deployment.
• Exhibit leadership qualities, motivate staff, and lead by example.
3. Staff Hiring and Training
• Assist with Department hiring, including conducting interviews and assisting with new hire orientation training.
• Assist with Department training, including an expanded role in the daily training program.
• Assist with training new Security Supervisors.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
Note: This position is currently only open to internal candidates working at STAPLES Center or Microsoft Theater as a part-time Security Supervisor or full-time Security Officer.
1. A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
2. A minimum of 3-4 years of related work experience, including supervisory experience
3. Previous security experience and current Guard Card required.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal in English) skills
5. Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
6. Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
7. Ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships with building staff, guests, clients and vendors
8. Ability to pass a criminal background check, employment verification, and drug screening
9. An understanding of the rules of law and relevant penal codes pertaining to security
10. Strong teamwork etiquette
11. Flexibility to adapt to changes in assignment per event
12. Ability to maintain patron, team member, and company confidentiality
13. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to fifty (50) pounds
14. Ability stand/walk and climb stairs for more than four (4) hours; ability to run; ability to talk, listen, and observe continuously
15. Available to work at least five (5) event shifts per week, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
1. Previous experience working in a similar sports/entertainment facility environment
2. At least one (1) year of experience supervising and leading a team
3. CPR / AED / First Aid Training