Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Skilled Laborer will support the Facilities & Maintenance team by assisting with event maintenance, carpentry and construction tasks at AEG facilities and venues while maintaining a safe work environment. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing major repairs, constructing and deconstructing temporary structures, and installing various systems and equipment.
• Perform skilled tasks including repairing equipment and furniture; constructing structures; and installing drain pipes, plumbing systems, heating systems, ventilation systems, cooling systems, and fixtures.
• Perform construction and carpentry projects using wood, metal, hand tools and powered tools to build and deconstruct temporary structures, build frames, and hang dry wall.
• Abide by all safety trainings and precautions when using tools, machinery and utility vehicles (i.e. saws, drills, forklifts, burden carriers, tow tractors) to ensure the safety of all team members, including wearing full uniform.
• Maintain a clean, orderly, and sanitary work area to remain in compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations.
• Perform general custodial tasks like plumbing, cleaning and polishing furniture and fixtures, painting, mopping, sweeping, replenishing supplies, and disposing of trash as needed.
• Meet project deadlines in accordance to the event schedule provided by management, while also communicating any possible delays to avoid incomplete projects.
• A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
• A minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience
• A valid driver's license
• Previous construction, carpentry, and/or maintenance experience required
• Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work outdoors in possibly extreme heat, high winds and cold desert conditions
• Must be able to lift, push, and pull over 50lbs
• Previous festival experience
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• This position may require minimum availability from Sunday, March 29, 2020 to Monday, April 20, 2020.
• Schedules and shifts are subject to department and operational needs
Additional Recruitment Information:
• Must apply by February 10th, 2020 in order to be guaranteed consideration
• We will be reviewing applications from January 22nd – February 10th, 2020
• We will be conducting phone screening interviews from February 6th – 10th, 2020. If you are selected to advance to a phone screen please expect a phone call to the number provided on you application after February 6th. This phone interview will last approximately 10 minutes.
• Candidates who are selected to advance to the final round of interviews will be contacted directly by the applicable department to coordinate this in person interview.
• You may also mail in your application/resume for consideration to: Attn: Human Resources 49950 Jefferson St Suite 130 #473 Indio, CA 92201