Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the global leader in real life entertainment.
We are proud to have been named to Vault.com's 2020 rankings for The 100 Best Internships, Best Media & Telecom Internships and Best Internships for Diversity.
Here’s what we offer:
• Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
• Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
• Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
• Networking opportunities with great snacks
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
• This summer, our 12 week semester will be held from June 1st-August 21st 2020.
• Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
• The application deadline is March 20th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from February through April. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
This internship is being offered to current Montgomery College students with a strong interest in working at Discovery in a technology-related field with a primary focus on obtaining foundational IT skills.
IT Service Desk/IT Technical Support –
1. Process, route or resolve issues reported to the Service Desk via email or web ticket submissions.
2. Independently research, troubleshoot, and resolve trouble tickets within established Service Level Agreements.
3. Provide excellent customer service and maintain ongoing communication with customers, keeping them up to date with the progress of their tickets.
4. Serve as a liaison between other support teams and the customer as required.
5. Build & deploy hardware to end user community as part of the provisioning process.
6. Assist in software rollouts and project/technology delivery.
7. Collaborate with other Global IT teams to resolve issues and participate in projects.
Ad Sales and Content Support
8. Review tickets for completeness/follow-up with the business
9. Review and update documentation on the Wiki and SharePoint – team effort with peers
10. Make sure new tickets coming in get properly assigned and addressed
11. Learn to manage Citrix admin tool to log in and control user sessions/processes
12. Collect information on recurring Citrix issues and work with the GIS-Citrix team on any trends
13. Help monitor loads for Nielsen and other critical areas to address quickly
• Currently enrolled at Montgomery College
• Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
• Prior course work in technology related field
• Strong interest in working for Discovery in Technology related role
• Must maintain professional attitude, demeanor and relationship with Discovery management, co-workers and staff at all times.
• Must be able to prioritize workloads and handle multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Legal right to work in the United States
Please note this position is located in SILVER SPRING, MARYLAND. If selected for an opportunity, interns are responsible for securing their own housing.